On May 19th, 2018, in California, USIS Group’s Chairman Mr. Chris Loc Dao had the honour to receive two prestigious awards which are the “Professional Accomplishment Award” and “Diversity Visionary Award” from the U.S. Congress for Vietnamese American with great contributions to Vietnamese community in front of the media and representatives from large-scale U.S. enterprises.
Mr. Chris Loc Dao Chairman of USIS Group
After receiving the awards, Mr. Chris Loc Dao shared his thought with the reporter:
1. Good morning, Mr. Chris Loc Dao, congratulations on receiving the Professional Accomplishment Award and Diversity Visionary Award. Could you share with us what did you feel when you receive these awards?
- It was a great honor to be elected one of Vietnamese exemplary entrepreneurs to receive the awards. I’d like to give my gratitude to the U.S. Congress for placing their trust and concern in me as well as other Vietnamese entrepreneurs.
Mr. Chris Loc Dao receives the awards from representative of U.S. Congress
2. Can you share with us the start-up process as from your very first day in the U.S.?
- I immigrated to America in 1990 when I was in my younger days. In order to support my family, I skipped college and began working. I became a start-up and established my first enterprise in 1993. In 1998, with the profits from selling that enterprise, I continued my dream of study in college.
After graduation, I worked for GMAC Real Estate. I received “Top producer Award” in five consecutive years, from 2003 to 2007.
In 2009, with the needs to help the next generation of Vietnamese, I decided to return and formed USIS Group (U.S. Investment Services) whose mission is to provide world class guidance to help Vietnamese youth reach their maximum potential
3. What have USIS Group achieved?
- In 2010, USIS Group had the honour to welcome Mr. Jim Douglas (President of the National Governors Association) to Vietnam. It was at this time, Mr. Douglas, for the first time ever, introduced the EB-5 Program to Vietnamese investors. After 9 years of serving the Vietnamese Community, USIS has help more than 400 families obtain their green cards and realize their American Dream while bringing more than 200 million dollars in investment into the U.S. and creating more tan 4,000 jobs for locals
In addition to managing 4 offices in Vietnam and 2 offices in the U.S., I am very active in joining charity organizations and hosting Community Services program through USIS Group. In 2017, I founded a non-profit clinic in Daklak (Vietnam) named Good Will with the wish to provide medical cares to unfortunate people.
In 2014, I was recognized by Esquire Magazine for my dedication in Vietnam. In 2017, I was honored as the Entrepreneur for Vietnamese New Generation by Nam Huong Corp. and Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI).
“Diversity Visionary Award Awarded by the U.S. Congress to Vietnamese American with great contributions to Vietnamese Community
4. Can you also share with us the secret to be successful?
- I have three pieces of advice to be successful that I’d like to share, especially to the youths who want to forge a start-up and establish their social status: Firstly, you should be diligent and not be afraid of hardship as well as spending a greater deal of effort to reach a new height in life; Secondly, always maintain your integrity and keep buiding your personal prestige; Thirdly, be humble, modest and always try to help and support others.
Thank you for the interesting interview! We wish you great health and even more success in your career!