Your Rights and Responsibilities

As a permanent resident, you have the right to:
• Live and work permanently anywhere in the U.S.
• Apply to become a U.S. citizen once you are eligible.
• Request visas for your husband or wife and unmarried children to live in the U.S.
• Get Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, and Medicare benefits, if you are eligible.
• Own property in the U.S.
• Apply for a driver’s license in your state or territory.
• Leave and return to the U.S. under certain conditions.
• Attend public school and college.
• Join certain branches of the U.S. Armed Forces.
• Purchase or own a firearm, as long as there are no state or local restrictions saying you can’t.
As a permanent resident, it is your responsibility to:
• Obey all federal, state, and local laws.
• Pay federal, state, and local income taxes.
• Register with the Selective Service (U.S. Armed Forces), if you are a male between ages 18 and 26.
• Maintain your immigration status.
• Carry proof of your permanent resident status at all times.
• Change your address online or provide it in writing to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
within 10 days of each time you move.
Permanent residents are issued a valid Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) as proof of their legal status in the United States. Some people call this a “Green Card.”
If you are a permanent resident who is 18 years or older, you must carry proof of your immigration status.
You must show it to an immigration officer if asked for it.Your card is valid for 10 years and must be renewed before it expires.You should file Form I-90 to replace or renew your Permanent Resident Card.
Your Permanent Resident Card shows that you are allowed to live and work in the United States.You also can use your Permanent Resident Card to re-enter the United States. If you areoutside the U.S. for more than 12 months, you will need to show additional documentation to re-enter the U.S. as apermanent resident. See page 10 for more information on the documents required to re-enter the U.S. if you are out f the country for more than 12 months.
Keep important documents you brought from your home country in a safe place. These documents include your passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate,diplomas showing that you have graduated from high school or college, and certificates that show you have special training or skills.

U.S. Immigrants Guide khác


Register for advice

If you have any questions about the EB-5 investment program, please contact USIS, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Please contact us [email protected] or phone:

U.S (California): (+1) 657 600 8242
U.S (Atlanta): ‎(+1) 678 468 4580
Ho Chi Minh city: 0909 337 657
Ha Noi: 090 933 7647
Da Nang: 0903 144 586
Can Tho: 0909 339 786

Your information